- In this first blog post, we’ll define visual search, show a few examples of how we are using visual search in e-commerce today, and provide best practices for getting started with visual search in your online store.
- In the past half a year, we, at Lopi.Ai, have successfully developed new ways of implementing visual search solutions for online retailers.
- This year, our best results came from the home and decor industry, with products from the online stores selling furniture and decor items for houses and apartments.
- Other industries that use the visual search: fashion, accessories, industrial/robotics, and the list goes on.
What is Visual Search?
Visual search is a search that uses images, print screens or photos, instead of text.
What is really extraordinary is that when an online store uses this kind of search, it gives the buyers exactly what they are looking for.
The modern visual search technology uses AI (artificial intelligence) to understand the content and context of these images and then will show a list of relevant results.
Let me tell you a story of our colleague Andrei. He has recently remodelled his home, and with the help of a local designer, they discussed the list of products that needed to be bought in the living area. Unfortunately, after meeting with the designer, Andrei lost a great amount of time just looking for products he needed.
How does Visual Search actually work (step by step)?
To give a bit of context, the user on your website really wants to buy something – that is why he is there, in the first place!
Technological magic happens (algorithms run really quick, and then, in milliseconds…)
From the moment the buyer/user lands your online store to the moment he sees his wanted item on the product page, there is a really short amount of time. Because of this short amount of time, the user will be inclined to buy. Is a simple process. A glimpse.
Why is Visual Search Important?
Well, there are at least 5 key aspects for which visual search is important:
- 90% of information transmitted to the human brain is visual. (MIT)
- Our brain can identify images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds. (MIT)
- It shows you are considerate and interested in your buyers’ needs: your buyer will have the ability to search their needed item over thousands of products in under 3 clicks. No more time will be lost again, scrolling infinite product pages!
- You are investing in your own online store and keep up with the technology.
- You are ahead of the game, implementing e-commerce trends ahead of the competition.
# Lopi.Ai – Real Examples of Visual Search
And here are some examples of similar products ( we have achieved a high percent of accuracy in similar products)
Remember that more than 85% of respondents emphasize visual information than text information when shopping online for home and deco items or clothing.
Get your trial!
Lopi.Ai results on visual search are proved to deliver flawless product discoverability and natural buyer experience. If your goal is to increase sales and make shopping journeys accessible, appealing, and natural, then the visual search is the best fit for you and your customers.